Some people say, "It was a once in a life-time opportunity," and often times I don't think we accept the gravity of that statement. In my limited experience with such an opportunity, I have discovered that most people will never in their lifetime experience what I experienced... and I find myself feeling very undeserving of the gift I received. I saw China in a light that I never expected. I LOVED IT.
Oddly enough its polar opposite from “The America” in a lot of ways. Annie and I have been working on a long running list of reasons why China is different from the good ol’ USA, and this is what we’ve come up with so far. If you want to add… feel free.
· They love giving gifts; we love receiving gifts.
· They use skin whiteners; we fake-bake, lay out, and use bronzer.
· They love communism; we love McCarthy. (Kidding, but seriously)
· They read from right to left bottom to top; we read left to right top to bottom.
· They eat plain fruit for dessert; we eat a concoction of fat and processed sugar.
· They surgically add a wrinkle to their eyes as a sign of beauty; we remove them with creams and face-lifts.
All in all, it was a pretty amazing trip.