Spring has brought me such a nice surprise!


So, as you all may very well know... Utah has had the absolute most depressing weather during Spring months. And if you ask me, it had no business dishing out such miserable conditions. I would normally decide to be angry and hold a grudge, but after a day like today, its hard to be mad at all. Basically I've had an ideal week. I *hopefully* coordinated my last Ward Home Evening on Monday. It was a huge success. I separated the kiddos into 3 groups and had them make newspaper floats for a mini FHE parade. The winners received cinnamon rolls... and the losers got homemade oreos and rock-hard snicker doodles.

Exibit A: The treats

This group decided to duplicate prom night... which always ends with your date kneeling down, and proposing?

Its Tony Stark... in his infamous IronMan suit, with flames bursting out of his backside.

My first guess: Trojan Horse.
(In all actuality, they were aiming for a Swan... almost?)

I have an insane gauntlet of classes this Spring and spend 10 hours in classes and labs on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So on the other days of the week when I only have morning class, I try to do things that make me happy. Today.. today I got to spoil myself. I went to the temple, and got baptized by a sweet old man with thick tortoise shell glasses. Then I went to the gym and climbed some stairs. Came home, went for a bike ride with Annie and Kathleen... and rang my sweet new bike-bell about a thousand times. After THAT Kath and I ran some errands, and I got the ingredients necessary to finish a few projects I have been brewing in my brain. My scheming has been mainly been targeted towards our front porch. Hope you enjoy these creations half as much as I enjoyed putting them together. Grand total for all these projects?
$7.50


Thanks for following!

Comments

  1. yes it is 5:50 am and i am commenting on your blog (i needed a break from studying). i just adore you. i kind of squealed just thinking about the fall. it's going to be absolutely amazing. i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I admit when we were there last week and walked past your porch and thought..."Katy needs to put her touch to this thing". I hope you got rid of that old dusty fake vague resemblance of a palm tree plant and the string of lights (I notice everything). So not to give anyone any ideas but are those hanging chandeliers and bird house going to get...stolen? I know you are in Provo but...
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and miss you a lot! Your crafts are so cute and your FHE seemed like the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, how did you do that? Those are amazing, and I can't believe you get to live next to pink trees! This blog was in serious need of an update. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute! you're so cute! congrats on being a creative person.
    happy you have a blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing like this...

A Few Amazon Favorites

One Year